Vintage Glitter Greetings

 Good morning friends! Today is Saint Nicholas Day,  and at our home when he visits he leaves behind glittery snow footprints. 

 We don't want to waste all that sparkly goodness!  So I printed several vintage Christmas cards, added spots of glue stick,  then dipped it in the footprints. 

 The cards were made by copying several free vintage images from online,  and placing them on a MS Publisher page (MS Word would work) on the right edge,  sized two per sheet.  After printing,  you can cut between the two images straight across,  then fold into a card. You could also cut them to make wall art, bookmarks, or ornaments.

 I decided this would be a good opportunity to write to friends and acquaintances that have given me special joy this past year. The art of letter writing seems lost in recent years. 

So many people are so busy they seems photo cards without letters,  and birthday cards without handwritten greetings. Hopefully this will spark interest for at least one person to send a personal greeting,  and start a little chain of happy mail. 

I later used a combination of glitter, puff paints and gem stickers to embellish the cards. The cards look so much lovelier in person. 

Happy Crafting! Bless someone with your time today. 

Visit my Advent post, or use the search labels, for more ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you were inspired! Please share what you liked, new ideas, etc - I would love to know what my readers are thinking!