Holy Hour of Reparation Book

 My grandmother had among her things to distribute to the family, many prayer books. I was glad to take the Holy Hour of Reparation book. I've grown to cherish my weekly Holy Hour of Adoration with Jesus in our church chapel. It wasn't until I finally opened up this book that I found the real treasure it was beyond sentimental, and what a treasure it should be for all adorers. The grace and indulgences are incredible, and the thought of offering reparation to my Jesus stirs my soul to consolations.

I learned about the indulgences and graces offered from any Holy Hour, a Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the importance of Prayers of Reparation.

*Holy Hour Indulgences*

 All those who assist at the Holy Hour of Adoration gain a Plenary Indulgence under the conditions of Sacramental Confession, Eucharistic Communion, and prayers for the intention of the Holy Father. (Enchiridion of Indulgences, Vatican 1968)

Promises of the Heart of Christ to Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque

1. “I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.”

2. “I will establish peace in their homes.”

3. “I will comfort them in their afflictions.”

4. “I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all in death.”

5. “I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.”

6. “Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.”

7. “Tepid souls shall grow fervent.”

8. “I will bless every place where a picture of My Heart shall be set up and honored.”

9. “I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.”

10. “Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.”

11. “I promise thee in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving the Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.”

 

To Be An Apostle of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

1 - Personally consecrate oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and recite the Consecration Prayer daily - For One Fold and One Shepherd.

2 - Participate in the Holy Mass and receive Holy Communion daily, if possible - for Reparation.

3 - Offer a Holy Hour once a week - For Reparation; and encourage others to do the same.


A HOLY HOUR OF REPARATION

TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS

& OTHER EUCHARISTIC ADORATION PRAYERS

 {CLICK HERE} for the FREE PDF FILE of "A HOLY HOUR OF REPARATION"

It was a few months before reading this book, I felt the Holy Spirit telling my heart that I was to type up an Adoration book for myself and to share. After praying the hour, and seeing these promises, I KNEW this was what I needed to retype and share freely. The original copy was designed for a group event, with a leader, so my revisions are set for private reflection. While I am not at all opposed to using "Thee, Thou, didst, art" in prayer, I know that my teenagers and others would appreciate a modern form of "You" and "are" so that is also different.  I also have fallen in love with the recitation of other prayers during Adoration worth including in a book. You could easily pray for 2 hours with all that is included in my Adoration book.


So after a few days of praying while I typed, I added my favorite vintage fonts and images. Perhaps someday I'll design a trendy option, but for now I actually prefer this style, don't you? It's a subtle reminder that people have been praying this for a century, along with my grandmother, and now it is my turn to pray and pass it along to my family.

I hope you'll print a copy or a dozen, and share them with your family, your friends, your prayer partners, and your chapel. The file has (28) 8.5x11 Pages, that you could print back to back. I was able to find a printer setting to print it Booklet style so each page is on half a sheet, thereby using only 7 sheets of paper per book.


{CLICK HERE} for the FREE PDF FILE of "A HOLY HOUR OF REPARATION"

The Original Book's Cover

“In June 1933, the idea for The Soul Assurance Prayer Plan was revealed to a layman during a Holy Hour visitation. On June 4, 1935, after two years of discernment, the layman and Reverend Lyons, with ecclesiastical permission, expressed the idea of the Holy Hour in a single leaflet. Since that time, this devotion, with Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception as the chosen Protectress, has spread throughout the world. In 1945, the Holy Hour of Reparation book was published, and shortly after, was taken to Rome and presented to Pope Pius XII for his approval.”

The Pope studied the book and approved it saying,

“This is one of the most powerful prayers that you can pray and is second only to the Mass.”

 

  That book of prayers received the:

Nihil Obstat  - John J. Clifford, S. J.  Censor Liborum

Imprimatur  + Samuel A. Stritch, Archbishop of Chicago  December 17, 1943


THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS . . . began this devotion of the Holy Hour of Reparation, when He entered the Garden of Gethsemane on Mount Olivet. He said to His Apostles: "My soul is sorrowful even unto death. Stay ye here and watch with Me." Later He said to them: "Could ye not watch one hour with Me? Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation." [Matt. 26:38, 40, 41]

 As Jesus spoke to His Apostles, so He pleads with us to stay and watch and pray with Him. His Sacred Heart is filled with sadness, because so many doubt Him, despise Him, insult Him, ridicule Him, spit upon Him, slap Him, accuse Him, condemn Him. In the Sacrament of His Love, so many forget Him. Every mortal sin brings down the terrible scourges on His Sacred Body, presses the sharp thorns into His Sacred Head, and hammers the cruel nails into His Sacred Hands and Feet.

 The ingratitude of mankind continually pierces His Sacred Heart.

When Jesus saw the sins of the world and the reparation that must be made to His Heavenly Father, He began to fear and to be sad and sorrowful. "Kneeling down, He prayed: 'Father, if Thou will, remove this chalice from Me; But not My Will, Thine be done: There appeared an Angel from Heaven to strengthen Him; and being in agony, He prayed the longer, and His sweat became as drops of blood trickling to the ground." [Luke 22:41, 44]

The Sacred Heart of Jesus said to St. Margaret Mary: "Make reparation for the ingratitude of men. Spend an hour in prayer to appease Divine justice, to implore mercy for sinners, to honor Me, to console Me for My bitter suffering when abandoned by My Apostles, when they did not WATCH ONE HOUR WITH ME."

"That the necessity of Expiation and Reparation is especially urgent today must be evident to everyone who considers the present plight of the world, 'seated in wickedness' [John 5:9]. The Sacred Heart promised to St. Margaret Mary that he would reward abundantly with His graces all those who should render this honor to His Heart."

Pope Pius XI, “ MISERENTISSIMUS REDEMPTOR”

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you were inspired! Please share what you liked, new ideas, etc - I would love to know what my readers are thinking!