Commitment to Daily Prayer

Given that many of our lives have been turned upside down by shutdowns around the world while the virus makes its way through, I think many can agree we really need constant prayer to be part of our new routine. Some of us already live this way, and that is fantastic, however it's not a common practice. I created some printouts of formal prayers for my family for consistency and aid in our prayer life. This is especially helpful to ages 6-young adult who are still being formed, and in your discipleship of inviting others to join you in prayer. 

I am sharing them all here for free. Please share them with your family and friends, and remember our Lenten mission: PRAY - FAST - GIVE ALMS




I created several printouts that I hang on our corkboard, have framed around the house, and in our bathroom (in a clear sleeve) for prayer and memorization. May these bless your home and family as well.
 


 


 



These Daily Prayer Bookmarks can be printed back to back from these images, or through the Google Docs PDF {Pg1} {Pg2}. Then you can cut, doodle, color, decorate, laminate, etc. They include our favorite Morning Offering, Act of Spiritual Communion, Divine Mercy Prayers, and the Act of Contrition. If these are not the versions of these prayers you pray, comment below and I encourage you to create your own.





If you're looking for Rosary Prayers, I have a How to Pray the Rosary printout available on my blog post: Praying the Rosary

If you're looking for daily faith formation during the season of Lent, I have a free Lesson Plan on my post: Lent Journey for Families

Our family wrote this prayer, and use it when we need to refocus our homeschool day. Here are the two versions we've used. I had it printed onto their homeschool planner.

 

If you're new to taking on the roll of home educating (aka homeschooling) your children, you will quickly realize that you need prayer to sustain you. Here are some prayers I have found helpful.


LET US UNITE IN DAILY PRAYER

Morning Offering

Most Holy and adorable Trinity, one God in three Persons, I praise you and give you thanks for all the favors you have bestowed on me. Your goodness has preserved me until now.

I offer you my whole being and in particular all my thoughts, words, and deeds, together with all the trials I may undergo this day. Give them your blessing. May your divine love animate them and may they serve your greater glory.

I make this morning offering  in union with the divine intentions of Jesus Christ who offers himself daily in the holy sacrifice of the Mass, and in union with Mary,  his Virgin Mother and our Mother, who was always the faithful handmaid of the Lord. Amen.

Spiritual Communion

I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.  Amen.

Prayers for Divine Mercy
(pray using your rosary)

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth  from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You! (3x)

[Pray an Our Father, Hail Mary, and Apostles Creed]

[Our Father Beads] Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, of your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. 

[Hail Mary Beads] For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, Have  mercy on us and on the whole world.

[Final Prayer] Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world. (3x)

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

Jesus I Trust in You (3x)
  
Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you were inspired! Please share what you liked, new ideas, etc - I would love to know what my readers are thinking!