Celebrating Love with St Valentine

Happy Feast of Saint Valentine!

After 20 years being a mom and having to come up with 1-7 valentines each year has been a bit of a challenge.  One gets to the point where you say the store-bought candy or a paper heart with your name is good enough. I get it. However, when you're living liturgically there is something to be said about making everything Catholic. This year I designed a few printable, easy to make cards for my kiddos and wanted to share them free with all my readers. Leave a comment if you made any of them and how it went! As with all freebies, please be so kind as to direct any friends who want a copy back to this post.

You can also purchase a digital file with all of these valentines and a few more cards totaling nine, as well as four Catholic Posters about Love on my Etsy Shop.

SAINT VALENTINE PILLOW BOX
My talented daughter drew this St Valentine character to add to these treat boxes. They are perfect sized for all the mini candy bars, erasers and other small treats.

Pillow Box: Cut then crease all the dotted fold lines. Then tape or glue the top tab into place. 


FRIEND FOR DECADES CARDS

I want to be your friend for decades. Such a classic Catholic pun! I think this was one of my favorites. Staple a Rosary to the back of the card. I bought the rosaries in bulk on Autom.




JESUS LOVES YOU GAME CARDS

Tic-Tac-Toe: Jesus Loves You So! This is a fairly popular one on the internet. I gave it a Catholic twist with the Sacred Heart of Jesus image. We found the perfect treat to add to these cards, X and O pretzels by Utz. For our older friends, we added a Box of Tic Tac mints.




OPEN MY HEART CARDS


My little guy had a good time adding the googly eyes to these cards. The eyes are printed on, so you can do without but - gosh - so cute and easy.




LOVE ENDURES CARDS


We added heart-shaped stress balls to this Bible verse, because it talks about "Enduring all things." I bought the {Cellophane Bags} and {Smiley Foam Hearts} on Amazon.



You can also purchase a digital file with all of these valentines and a few more cards totaling nine, as well as four Catholic Posters about Love on my Etsy Shop.


BONUS: SPIRITUAL BOUQUET CARDS

I wanted to send rosaries and prayers to all the women at the Sharing and Caring Hands mission, so I made these bags filled with a rosary, rosary guide, divine mercy chaplet guide, chocolate, vinyl sticker, and a Spiritual Bouquet card. If you would like to make them, click on the images or follow the links to each item.

Spiritual Bouquet Card Images below

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you were inspired! Please share what you liked, new ideas, etc - I would love to know what my readers are thinking!